Our environmental and social responsibility policy
At Marsh House Farm, we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following to achieve this:
- Continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- Conserve energy – reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating is on. We only heat areas which are being used, we use low energy bulbs where appropriate and run our external lighting on a PIR system to save energy.
- We shop locally – including our village community shop and Post Office.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle – we reduce wastage to a minimum and recycle to the maximum. We will gladly accept all your recyclable waste and will compost all kitchen and garden waste.
- Use water wisely – we line dry our laundry when possible, we have push button operated external showers to help reduce water wastage. We use a water butt system for watering our gardens. Please help by turning off the tap when brushing your teeth, not overfilling the kettle and support our towel policy.
- We provide information and facilities for walkers and cyclists. We have cycles available for guests to use free of charge. We have a selection of maps and routes for walkers and cyclists. Secure cycle storage is available on site.
- We have a Bio-waste system which discharges clean water into the ditch at the side of our field. We have a planned project to plant trees every year to help offset carbon emissions.
These are just a few simple steps that we undertake to minimise damage to our planet.