Our house is believed to have been built in the 18th and 19th centuries and is surrounded by gardens and countryside. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
Pre-Arrival Hereford train station is 4 miles away, we are happy to collect guests from the station or provide recommend taxi companies to provide pickups from the station. We send directions with our confirmation – also available on our website. Information and menus can be provided in large print by prior arrangement – we are unable to produce them in Braille.
Our website is www.herefordbedandbreakfast.com which gives full details of our house – you can contact us via phone on +44 (0)1432 839 493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most mobile phone networks work in the house.
It is helpful to have an approximate time of arrival so we can be ready to welcome you.
Hours of operation are 4pm to 10.30am.
The driveway into the property comes straight in off the A49. Please follow the drive and turn right at the barn at the end of the drive. Please park on the tarmac area on the right in front of the conifer hedge. There is good lighting in the parking area, please follow the signs for reception which is around the side of the house through the opening between the house and end of the hedge. Please ring the doorbell if we have not heard you arrive.
Main Entrance and Reception
The main entrance for guests is through the double doors and into the Garden Room. This area opens into a dining and lounge area which is for the sole use of our Bed and Breakfast guests. The entrance is locked at night.
We have a utility room, which houses our laundry. We also have a laundry/utility room attached to the shower block located by our campsite area which can be used by our B&B guests should they wish to do so. We have an iron and board which we can put in a bedroom on request.
There is no shop available on site – nearest village shop is Wellington Delights in Wellington Village.
We have a fully equipped Gym which can be used free of charge by our B&B and Rose Cottage guests. This is an adult only area. We can provide two bicycles for guests’ use free of charge. Guests can fish in the lakes in the grounds.
Grounds and Garden
We own the gardens and grounds to the left and right of the entrance drive. The gardens are mostly on the left-hand side of the house. Tables and chairs are available throughout the year and guests can enjoy the garden whenever the weather permits. Tea, coffee throughout the day and evening drinks can be taken and enjoyed in the garden. There are two lakes on the property, children should be supervised always.
Bedrooms are located on the first floor. There are no bedrooms on the ground floor. All rooms have:
• Double beds
• Thermostatic controlled radiators
• Black out blinds/wooden shutters
• Egyptian cotton sheets, pillowcases and duvets.
• Bedside tables with alarm/radio, lamp and torch
• Tea and coffee tray with kettle
• Wireless internet (wi-fi)
• A folder in the room provides additional information
• Full length mirror
• Large lit mirror over wash basin
• Walk-in shower
• Shaver points
• Heated towel rail.
One of our en-suite bathrooms has an idiosyncratic French Sitz bath with hand held shower attachment.
• An induction loop system is not available
• All bedrooms are on the first floor
• There is no lift to the first floor
• Guest rooms are not adapted for wheelchair users
• The ground floor is not level and has a series of steps providing access to other levels •
All rooms and corridors are well lit
• A Food Hygiene certificate is available to see on request
• An information booklet in each room gives details of services provided including procedure in the event of a fire – available in large print.
• Audible smoke detectors are sited in the hall, stairs and lobby areas as well as in the kitchen and laundry areas of the house.
• Emergency lighting is located on the hall stairs and landing.
• Fire extinguishers are placed on the first-floor landing, hall, Kitchen and utility room
• A fire risk assessment is available for inspection
• Please let us know of any special requirements at the time of booking
• We have an environmental policy to reduce our footprint as much as possible •
• We are a non-smoking house
Brian Lucas and Tracy Wright Marsh House Farm, Wellington, Hereford, HR4 8DT Telephone: +44 (0) 01432 839493 Email: email@example.com Website: www.herefordbedandbreakfast.com Our hours of business are in the afternoon until 10.30 in the morning.